Sorcerers is a moniker for people who has the power to effect change by magical means ("sorcery"). A sorcerer can be either male or female (though female usually called Sorceresses in most other fictions and in real life), as they are attuned for supernatural powers which allows them to practice sorcery. Other certain monikers besides Sorcerers describing individuals with special powers to magically effect things are Casters, Conjurers (sometimes spelled "Conjurors"), Enchanters, Enchantresses, Magicians, Occultists, Spellcasters, Warlocks, Witches and Wizards(though Wizards, Witches, and Warlocks not entirely accurate as they mostly gained their magic via extensive studies in magic instead gained as innate power).
Much like other conjurors in fiction like Sorcerers class from the Dungeons and Dragons franchise or Wizardkind from the Harry Potter book series, any of the sorcerers' traits that are not possessed by normal people are innate instead gained from extensive studies in magic. Here are the following traits that Sorcerers have:
- Full Brain Capacity: Sorcerers have easy access to sorcerous skills because they are born with the ability to use their entire brain at one time, unlike common men and women who only are able to use about 10% of their brain. This additional brainpower also allows each spellcaster became more skillful with calculations due to the said brain.
- Supernatural Affinity: Though the Sorcerers' brainpowers was said to enable them for manipulate matter, they were shown able to do much more like bringing objects to life, perform necromancy (The Rising for example), and seeing the past that all of them are abilities that supposedly more than merely the matter manipulation. The explanation of this was the sorcerer's said supernatural abilities was due to them gained affinity from supernatural forces around them, even during their performing of sorcerous feats and/or magic tricks as average humans, even children, affectionately or comically calls it.
- Peak Human Physiology: The said Sorcerer's enhanced brainpower appeared to enhanced their physical capabilities into the peak level beyond the normal humans'. The following enhanced abilities are:
- Enhanced Speed and Agility: Balthazar Blake and Maxim Horvath shown being faster than normal humans as well as more agile. This was shown when they fighting in Arcana Cabana at the beginning of the movie.
- Enhanced Durability: Each sorcerer appeared to possesses more resistant harm than a normal human does. For example, Horvath able to recovers without any visible injuries in spite of falling few stories below after free himself from Balthazar's Levitation Spell on him during the fight on Arcana Cabana and even still fighting as if the falling were nothing.
- Enhanced Strength: A sorcerer's strength appeared to possess greater ease when they physically exert themselves as seen when Balthazar shatters a cupboard that Horvath pinned on him into pieces.
- Enhanced Intelligence: The most drastic effect on their full brain capacity was their IQ was enhanced to the point where they became more skillful in calculation. For example, David Stutler is a "physics nerd" because of his enhanced intelligence that also inidicates his high potential for magical talents.
Due to the sorcerers' origins are shadowed by history, any informations that related with their origins are shrouded in mystery or unlikely to being revealed. How they came to be in this world could be anything, ranging from an unknown individual pact with an ancient entity (angelic, demonic or otherwise) that bestow them powers and knowledge of sorcery and before his/her death he/she had a descendant or a potential successor that inherits his/her powers and knowledge of magic, a random people whom experimenting with their brewed potions on themselves that eventually led him/her gaining powers from one of their conducted formulas permanently, or born from a woman whose child's blood has been one with supernatural entities' that impregnated her (like Merlin in mythology who was born from a mother that unknowingly impregnated by a supernatural entity, thought to be a demon which would make him a hybrid child of demon blood and human blood called a cambion, similar to the Nephilim of Biblical traditions), or they possesses the magical powers from birth straight away. In either way, the first sorcerers came into being and has bestowed their knowledge within the Encantus.
- Encantus - A spellbook that bestows the sorcerers the art, history, and science of sorcery itself.